Did your AOL Desktop Gold software freezes while you are using it? Or is your AOL Gold not responding? If yes, then it can be due to compatibility issue or malicious program on your system. There can be many other reasons which may be responsible for the occurrence of this error. However, you can fix this issue easily on your own by following the steps mentioned in this blog. You have to AOL Gold Download on your system and install it, but you must remember to check the version of the software installed by you.
How to Resolve AOL Gold Frozen and Not Responding Error?
Your work can get hampered if your desktop software is not responding properly or is freezing. Follow the troubleshooting steps given below to resolve freezing issue of AOL Desktop Gold:
Download & Install the Compatible AOL Desktop Gold
• If your desktop software is outdated, then you visit the official website of AOL.
• Then download the setup file of AOL Desktop Gold and save it on the system.
• Right-click on the setup file to open Properties.
• Now tap on the ‘Compatibility mode’ to see whether your system is compatible with the software.
• Select the version of the OS you are using and then click to install the desktop software.
Run AOL Desktop Gold as an Admin
• If your AOL Desktop is not responding, then first close the software.
• Now right click on the AOL Desktop icon to ‘Run it as Admin’.
Check the Computer configuration, and then run the Troubleshooter
If your system is incompatible with the AOL Desktop Gold, then you need to check the computer configuration. You have to see other software is not interfering with the working of the desktop software.
Update the AOL Desktop Gold
• You need to go to the start menu and then search for windows update.
• Now, click on the windows update >important updates>Install update automatically.
• Tick the important box of AOL Desktop for the recommended updates.
• Once the software is updated, save the changes.
Troubleshoot the Corrupt Desktop Software
• Click on Start Menu >Control Panel>Programs and features >Uninstall a Program.
• You have to choose AOL Desktop Gold and then click to uninstall it.
• Once the uninstallation process is completed, you can restart your computer.
• Now you need to download the software again and then install it back on your system
If all the steps do not help you in fixing the error, then you have to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold for Windows on your computer by first removing the previous version. You can even take the assistance of the experts for fixing the issue at hand as they are highly experienced.
Read more: - AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or Not Responding